The controversy rages: gift bags or gift boxes?
My preference is gift bags.
* They are elegant keepsakes in themselves, representing luxury and the portent of a rare treasure.
* They also fold and fit into randomly shaped spaces without breaking or becoming crushed.
* Their material usually lasts longer than even the sturdiest of cardboard.
* They look fresh and new for a longer time than cardboard or paper boxes.
* They don’t get scratched as plastic does.
* They often can be washed (by hand at least).
To be fair, gift boxes do have some good characteristics.
* Boxes are easy to wrap in gift wrap
* They give some people a sense of security when being shipped (but really, good use of bubble wrap negates this advantage).
* They stack
* They can be written on (but why would you want to?)
In the comments or by email, I’d love to know your opinion. So, tell me, what is your preference?